It’s no secret that I love movies… but I have never been a fan of scary movies. I don’t like being scared. There are enough scary things in real life, I want my movie life to be an escape from reality. I mean, really, I’m a girl… if I need an adrenaline rush I’ll just walk to my car alone at night. So Halloween is an unusual time for me. I love costumes, themes, and the drama of it… but I hate to be scared. So I have compiled a list of films that I plan to watch this Halloween. Some I’ve seen, some I hope to watch this year for the first time. They all have a Halloween “theme” without being terrifying…. (I hope)
- The Addams Family– this is a “must watch” for me every Halloween
- Chicago– one of the best musicals ever… definitely the best one about murder
- Phantom of the Opera– so dramatic… spooky but not terrifying
- Young Frankenstein– I watched this for the first time last year, and it’s one of my new Halloween favorites
New This Year
- Hocus Pocus– This film stars 3 of my favorite actresses: Sarah Jessica Parker, Bette Midler, and Kathy Najimy…. I can’t believe I haven’t watched it yet
- The Witches of Eastwick– people have been telling me to watch this for years, so this year I finally will
- Rear Window– I don’t think I’ve watched a Hitchcock film before, but I’ll watch this just to see Grace Kelly in her Edith Head wardrobe
What Halloween films will you be watching this year?
Feel free to comment/like/share with all of your fabulous friends
And don’t forget to sign up for the Everyday Starlet mailing list…
LIKE Everyday Starlet on Facebook, Subscribe to the YouTube Channel…
…and Follow ES on Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram
4 Comments on Halloween Films for People Who Don’t Like Horror Movies
1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Halloween Films for People Who Don’t Like Horror Movies
[…] though I’m not a fan of scary stuff, I’m happy to make some “themed” foods and drinks to jump on the Halloween […]
MelOctober 24, 2014 at 6:51 pm (9 years ago)
Awesome movies! Have a great weekend!
Jenny SanzoOctober 25, 2014 at 2:29 pm (9 years ago)
Love your picks as I hate scary movies! Now I want to go watch The Adams Family!
Sarah BlodgettOctober 27, 2014 at 11:01 am (9 years ago)
Me too, it’s one of my all time favorites!