Summer is finally here, and that means showing more skin. Translate that to mean more self tanning, more moisturizers, and definitely more exfoliating. I’ve been on a search for a great body scrub for a while. So when I started hearing all the hype about Frank Coffee Body Scrub, I had to check it out for myself…..
Pinning is Glamorous!
Frank Coffee Body Scrub Review
I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with this scrub, so I thought I would break down it’s pros and cons…
- It’s a little hard to get your hands on. It’s not impossible. I ordered mine on Amazon, but I’m always hesitant to try a product that I can’t find at a major retailer like Sephora or Ulta. That may just be my personal preference.
- You don’t get a lot for your money. It’s not crazy expensive, but since it’s a full body product you will go through it quickly. And on that note, I know some people claim you could just DIY a similar scrub, but I personally don’t have the time or patience for that.
- That packaging…. I really hate the packaging. It’s terrible. It’s a bath product that you use in the shower, and it’s in a paper bag. I will admit that mine has held up quite well so far, but I am planning to decant mine into a Mason jar to make it more water friendly.
- It’s messy. The first time I used it I was so scared that it was going to stain everything in my bathroom….. although it didn’t, and my towels are as good as new after a wash. I did have a hard time getting all the coffee granules rinsed out of the shower. It’s not impossible, but it’s a little inconvenient.
- Another personal preference, but this is oil based. I’ve always hated body scrubs that left an oil on the skin. I know a lot of people love that… probably those with dry skin… but for me it’s not my thing. I will say that the oil is much lighter than any other oil based body scrub I’ve ever tried, so it feels the nicest on my skin. However, be careful about any oil residue in the shower to avoid accidents.
- The smell is heavenly. If you like the scent of coffee at all you’ll be obsessed with this.
- The granules are effective but not painful.
- Coffee is supposed to be great for your skin, There are claims that it helps with cellulite, and with tightening skin. I’m not sure if it’s made a big difference in that area, but I know I can use all the help I can get.
- You’re skin will never be smoother. I used this the first time and was skeptical because of all the reasons I listed in the Cons. I used the scrub, then shaved my legs, then used a body wash (because, like I said, I hate that oil residue), and then used my usual body butter. I didn’t think much of it until later that night when I realized that my legs were the smoothest they’ve ever been. I couldn’t believe how close a shave I had. It was that feeling that made me try this again, and I’ve even purchased more.
As far as I’m concerned, smooth skin is always worth it!
Have you tried Frank Coffee Body Scrub? Do you have a favorite body scrub for Summer?
Sign up for the Everyday Starlet Mailing List!
This post/video is not sponsored. All opinions are my own. All products mentions were purchased by me unless noted with an asterisk (*). This post may contain affiliate links, that means that if you purchase any of these products, I receive compensation, through no extra charge to you. That income will go towards making ES even better.
I’ve been earning money while shopping online with Ebates: